Deathisdefeated

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Preterist interpretation of scripture seems to be moving at such a pace that I'm finding it difficult to keep up. Regarding Genesis, is anyone prepared to analyse it into chapters?

What would be helpful for me is to have some indication as to which chapters are considered to be solely allegorical, which ones are definitely thought to be historical, and which ones can be considered to be both allegorical and historical.

I'm happy of course to create a 4th category if need be, entitled "Don't Know" ! 

It's getting to the stage where I'm even wondering now if Abraham was a real person and if so, how does the genealogy of Genesis 11 fit?! But perhaps he's not - given the prophetic implication of Isaac's sacrifice?

Perhaps the answers may raise further questions, and hence more discussions

Thanks

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm happy with Peshat and Remez.

Not sure about Derash though.......this might have led the Jews into error

Sod - Kabbalah. No....I don't believe in this at all

Thanks Riley.

I think the in the Book of Genesis there are real people and real events, with allegories woven into the stories.So its both real and allegorical all at the same time .

RSS

Events

Forum

Resurrection of the wicked

Started by Ron McAnally in Eschatology. Last reply by william f. Aug 13. 8 Replies

TFCmagazine

Started by Allyn Morton in Eschatology. Last reply by Allyn Morton Sep 7. 6 Replies

Is fasting ever commanded?

Started by Eohn Rhodes in Eschatology Jun 28. 0 Replies

Has anyone noticed Max King's latest book ?

Started by Stairway To Heaven in Eschatology. Last reply by william f. Jul 3. 1 Reply

Choosing Life or Death

Started by Delom Dongo in Eschatology. Last reply by Jesus_Is_Risen Apr 23. 1 Reply

490 Year Countdown

Started by Eohn Rhodes in Eschatology. Last reply by Eohn Rhodes yesterday. 53 Replies

Satan is eternally dead?

Started by Joy Ackerman in Eschatology. Last reply by Doug Mar 4. 40 Replies

Resurrection and 2000 years of Christian History

Started by Jesus_Is_Risen in Eschatology. Last reply by Jesus_Is_Risen Jan 2. 20 Replies

Resurrection and Paul's trial (Acts 23:6)

Started by Jesus_Is_Risen in Eschatology. Last reply by Jesus_Is_Risen Feb 25. 7 Replies

Resurrection

Started by Jesus_Is_Risen in Eschatology. Last reply by Jesus_Is_Risen Jul 18. 518 Replies

Renewal of Covenant

Started by Eohn Rhodes in Eschatology. Last reply by Eohn Rhodes May 19, 2013. 5 Replies

© 2014   Created by Tim Martin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service