O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
what is the importance of the doctrine of election, how does it relate to the new covenant (creation), and most important how is this worked out in one’s deeds of salvation, justification and even sanctification? first, some definitions:
doctrine of elections = is when you have two or more things to choose from, the thing that you choose excludes all the others. (from Christian Walters on how to distinguish PUBLIC vs private and creating private-special relations: 7 min clip: http://pc.cd/48O7
doctrine of election is a foundational doctrine... The grand truth of election, then, takes us back to the beginning of all things. A right understanding of it, especially in its relation to the everlasting covenant, is absolutely essential if we are to be preserved from fundamental error. If the foundation itself be faulty, then the building erected on it cannot be sound; and if we err in our conceptions of this basic truth, then just in proportion as we do so will our grasp of all other truth be inaccurate. https://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/sdg/pdf/pink_election.pdf
new covenant examples of a doctrine of election:
* we must obey elohim, and not men https://biblehub.com/acts/5-29.htm
* if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. the old has passed away. behold, the new has come! https://biblehub.com/2_corinthians/5-17.htm
* do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? https://biblehub.com/2_corinthians/6-14.htm
* if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work. https://biblehub.com/2_timothy/2-21.htm
* He is not the elohim of the dead, but of the living, for to Him all are alive. https://biblehub.com/luke/20-38.htm
* come out from among them and be separate, says yahuwah. touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.” https://biblehub.com/2_corinthians/6-17.htm
* come out of her (babylon), My people, so that you will not share in her sins or contract any of her plagues. https://biblehub.com/revelation/18-4.htm
there are many more examples covered in “Obedience Training” by B.A. Hunter (offered as free PDF here: New Covenant = a better sacred trust: many called, few chosen. r u clothed in equity? http://deathisdefeated.ning.com/profiles/blogs/new-covenant-is-a-better-sacred-trust-many-called-few-chosen-u )
why do so many new covenant sons of men still engage in the plagues of babylon? what about political elections (what man-king will rule over one – I Sam 8)? or legal elections (i.e. choice of citizenship vs sonship)? or even elections re who will be ‘priest’ over us (do I have to explain this one)? https://benwilliamslibrary.com/what_ecclesia.htm
if we’ve truly made the new covenant our sacred trust with our creator, then how do the duties under the will of that trust define how we are to create trust with those we are to love as ourselves (2nd great command)?
I propose the doctrine of elections is the most fundamental of all choices one must make before one elects to become “clothed in equity”. After all, if one accepts the blood payment for one’s sins then...
* do not the duties under that purchase/redemption out of the world require a master-slave status? “it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty (bankrupt) way of life you inherited from your forefathers” https://biblehub.com/1_peter/1-18.htm
* how does "the law of slaves" pertains to the doulos (bondman) of Jesus the Christ? https://www.ecclesia.org/truth/slaves.html)
* can a slave contract on his own (with other men or gods), or restricted as “bondservant” to only do the will of his master?
* How many other consequences are there for those commanded to “be diligent, rather, to make your calling and election sure. For practicing these things, never at any time shall you stumble.”? https://biblehub.com/2_peter/1-10.htm
how do these things effect “kingdom living” in the world, without being “of” it? http://deathisdefeated.ning.com/forum/topics/kingdom-living-by-jerel-kratt
after all: “No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” https://biblehub.com/luke/16-13.htm
How can one reconcile “kingdom living” with the “truth about money”? Money and the Bible http://deathisdefeated.ning.com/forum/topics/money-and-the-bible
there are covenant creationists beginning to solve these contradictions, and ready to share more for those ready to seek the kingdom with the eyes of equity. Then maybe they’ll be ready to join the discussion for learning how a resulting merger under divine mortgage will end commerce thru conversion at the crossroads of vertical + horizontal (private/sacred) trusts by deeds of original, exclusive equity.
there is a private, closed group on Minds (register: https://www.minds.com/register?referrer=MTKonig) invites to those who can prove deeds that created private trust relation after a death-burial-rebirth manifest intention proved by record of trustee acceptance (deed) where new pledge was made under agape to sacred trust of divine will.
until then, there is an open, public group for demonstration of the doctrine of elections in parable form:
U.S.of A. vs U.S. - Loss of Legal Memory of the American State: